Wednesday, October 5, 2011

September Birchbox

Ok, so um, this is kinda embarrassing.  I'm just now blogging about the September Birchbox I received last month, when I should be receiving my October box within the week.  I suck at blogging.....Perez Hilton I am not. (Perez is the self-titled "Queen of Blogging".  I'm a huge fan and check his website more often than my e-mail.)  Anyweezy, if you don't know what Birchbox is, it's a monthly subscription where you receive a box of *high-end* beauty booty at your doorstep! (Think Nars, Stila, Keihl's, Philosophy, Zoya, etc.)  It cost $10/month and you can unsubscribe at anytime.  Visit birchbox.com for more info!
The box is always super cute with fun packaging.
I mean, really, what girl wouldn't love to open a box like this up every month?!



Here's a run-down of my September box:
*Incoco Nail Polish Appliques--Same thing as the Sally Hansen ones that have been so popular recently.  These came in a black snakeskin type of pattern....not so much my style.  In fact, I despise animal prints.  I figured I might try to use them around Halloween time.
*Jurlique Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer--Since I work at a hospital, I sanitize my hands all the time and they typically get dry because of all the alcohol.  So I liked the idea of this one being "moisturizing".  Does it really make a difference?  Not so much that I can tell.  But, like I said, I'm re-sanitizing or washing roughly every half hour.
*Jouer Enhancing Lip Treatment--I was excited to have a Jouer product because I had heard a lot about their products from missglamorazzi on YouTube.  I wish it would have been a product with some color versus just a lip balmy product.  But it does the job, nothing super special though.
*Some face oil that I'm not sure how or when to use.  My face has been breaking out bad lately, so I haven't tried this because I don't want to make my breakouts worse.
*Last but least (notice I left out the "not")....a Birchbox bracelet.  This went straight into the garbage.  I would never wear this.

Time for some honesty:
I LOVE the idea of Birchbox.  Before I signed up for it, I would watch YouTube videos of girls opening their boxes and they would have amazing stuff.  I'm talking Nars Multiples, full sized Stila eyeshadows, and other products that really make the $10 worth it.  I've been a member for 3 months, I believe, and honestly, I have not been overly in love with any of the boxes I've gotten.  I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and will stick with it for a few more months, but if I'm still not super lovin' my boxes, I'll probs discontinue.  BUT, I just know that the month I quit, the box would be a-m-a-z-i-n-g and I'd be kicking myself.  So for now, my hubby doesn't know what "Birchbox" is on the credit card bill each month, so I'll roll with it.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment