Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Front Porch Cozy

As I was uploading new pictures today, I came across some old pictures of these chairs I stained in the summer.  I meant to upload these shortly after I finished the project, but obviously I forgot....until now! 
We have a little porch/deck on the front of our house and I have always felt like we needed some sort of seating/decorated area.  Of course everything I wanted was vetoed by Hubby either due to price (he's a cheap scape) or practicality.  (For example: I wanted to get a swinging bench and attach it to the roof covering the porch.  What a cute idea, I thought!  It would fit there perfectly!  Well, Hub questioned what would happen to the window if the wind started blowing the chair back and forth?  Good point. 
Swinging bench=Broken window.)

Soooooo, I bought these Adirondack chairs for about $30 a piece....
....some stain.......
.....and got to work!

Brush on....

....wipe off. 
Repeat.
Over and over until......

VIOLA!
I bought some cute outdoor butt pillows to put on the chairs to add some color and comfort.  (I'm pretty sure "butt pillows" is the technical name.)    The hubby and I enjoyed spending a good amount of time sitting out on the porch during summer nights with a cocktail in hand.

Here are some pictures of the finished product.


Now we have our comfy, cozy spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment