Friday, August 19, 2011

Carry On

Case Study, Lady Like, Carry On, Power Clutch
It's here! Essie's Fall 2011 Collection, Carry On.  I LOVE fall.  Fall smells, fall foods, fall colors, fall leaves, and fall nail polish collections!  I picked these colors up at Walgreen's.   I love that Walgreen's now carries these mini-collections (Apparently, drugstores do not recieve the entire collections, just a few of the shades.  Fair enough.)  Naturally, I grabbed all they had to offer off the shelf.  Here's my mini review on each of the 4 shades I got.



From left to right in the photo:
Case Study: This is a camel colored hue that is creaming and opaque with two coats.  I'm not sure how I feel about this shade on my skin tone.  I wore it yesterday and I'm just "ok" with it.  I feel it's a little too brown-y for me and not enough of a "nude" look.  But I do love a nude colored nail, so we'll see, I'll try it again.

Lady Like: Possibly my favorite.  I love it on my fingernails.  It's a dusty pink color that is neutral enough on the nail, but still a pretty color.  I like wearing crazy colors on my nails, but at work, I feel like it's a bit over the top.  So I find this a perfect shade that is a fun color, but still not totally whack-o for a professional environment.  I've worn it a few times already--and I'm wearing it right now!  It reminds me of my very first "high-end" nail polish, OPI's Not so Bora-Bora Boring.  Except OPI's has more sheen/shimmer where this one is just strictly creamy.

Carry On: Well, this is the big one...the one the collection is named after.  And I do like it.  This is more of a toenail color for me and I am wearing it on my toes right now.  Once we get further into fall/winter, then I tend to wear darker colors like this on my fingernails, but for now, it is happy on my toes:)  It's a very deep plum color.  No shimmer (like all of them I own from this collection).  After two coats, this color appears darker than what's in the bottle.  Some might think "black" if they don't look too close.  (Which, being on my toes, I kinda hope they don't look too close!  That might be awkward.)

Power Clutch: Dark grey and like nothing else I own in my collection.  I've read on other websites that this color has a "green" tone to it.  I do not see it, but maybe in the right light.  To me, it looks straight up dark grey.  This is pretty and dark on the nail after two coats.  Again, more of a toenail color for me.  I'll probably apply this one to my toes after Carry On starts to look rough and a pedi is needed.



Ohhhh pretty bottles

I'm hoping to get my hands on the remaining colors in the collection.  I definately don't need them, but ooooh I want them!  Here's a picture of the display and two other colors that are in the collection.  The names of the other two are Very Structured (burnt orange color) and Glamour Purse (nude color).


Eeeeeee :) This just makes me happy!  Like I said, I love the fall time!

No comments:

Post a Comment